The information contained herein is believed to be reliable, but no representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind are made as to its accuracy, suitability for particular applications or the results to be obtained there from. The information is based on laboratory work with small-scale equipment and does not necessarily indicate end product performance. Because of the variations in methods, conditions and equipment used commercially in processing these materials, no warranties or guarantees are made as to the suitability of the products for the applications disclosed. Full-scale testing and end product performance are the responsibility of the user. Zeon Specialty Materials, Inc. shall not be liable for and the customer assumes all risk and liability of any use or handling of any material beyond the direct control of Zeon Specialty Materials, Inc. The SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Nothing contained herein is to be considered as permission, recommendation, nor as an inducement to practice any patented invention without permission of the patent owner.
Product Liability Disclaimer
Please observe the following precautions for the storage and use of the product and items molded from the product:
- Keep away from fire, because ZEONEX®/ZEONOR® are combustible.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and high-energy light, which can make ZEONEX/ZEONOR discolor.
- Do not use or expose to temperatures over heat-distortion temperature, because ZEONEX/ZEONOR may discolor, deform, or melt.
- Avoid long-term exposure to high temperature, which can distort ZEONEX/ZEONOR.
- Do not use under high temperature and near a heat source; ZEONEX/ZEONOR may emit smoke or ignite.
- Do not use near a high-energy light source; ZEONEX/ZEONOR may emit smoke or ignite due to heat generation by light absorption.
- Improper molding conditions or use with a poorly designed mold may induce solvent cracking through residual stress.
- Do not use for parts that are subject to continuing load (snap-fit insert-molded products, screw stops, etc.); the material may crack.
- Do not expose to the following solvents or liquids, which may cause ZEONEX/ZEONOR to liquefy or swell:
- Aromatic solvents such as benzene, toluene, etc.
- Chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents, including dichloromethane, carbon tetrachloride, etc.
- Animal, vegetable and mineral oils and greases.
- Hydrocarbon solvents such as n-hexane, cyclohexane and ligroin, etc.
- Ethers such as diethyl ether, etc.
- Ketones such as cyclohexane, etc.
- Prior to use, test other materials and liquids containing long-chain alkyl groups in their structure.
- Test ZEONEX/ZEONOR under the harshest conditions to be encountered, to determine the safety and suitability of the materials prior to use.
- Contact ZEON CORPORATION before utilizing ZEONEX/ZEONOR in medical-care products, foods or toys.
- Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for specific details.