Product Liability Disclaimer
Please observe the following precautions for the storage and use of the product and items molded from the product:
- Keep away from fire, because ZEONEX®/ZEONOR® are combustible.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and high-energy light, which can make ZEONEX/ZEONOR discolor.
- Do not use or expose to temperatures over heat-distortion temperature, because ZEONEX/ZEONOR may discolor, deform, or melt.
- Avoid long-term exposure to high temperature, which can distort ZEONEX/ZEONOR.
- Do not use under high temperature and near a heat source; ZEONEX/ZEONOR may emit smoke or ignite.
- Do not use near a high-energy light source; ZEONEX/ZEONOR may emit smoke or ignite due to heat generation by light absorption.
- Improper molding conditions or use with a poorly designed mold may induce solvent cracking through residual stress.
- Do not use for parts that are subject to continuing load (snap-fit insert-molded products, screw stops, etc.); the material may crack.
- Do not expose to the following solvents or liquids, which may cause ZEONEX/ZEONOR to liquefy or swell:
ZEONEX/ZEONOR under the harshest conditions to be encountered, to determine the safety and suitability of the materials prior to use.
Contact ZEON CORPORATION before utilizing ZEONEX/ZEONOR in medical-care products, foods or toys.
Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for specific details.
- Aromatic solvents such as benzene, toluene, etc.
- Chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents, including dichloromethane, carbon tetrachloride, etc.
- Animal, vegetable and mineral oils and greases.
- Hydrocarbon solvents such as n-hexane, cyclohexane and ligroin, etc.
- Ethers such as diethyl ether, etc.
- Ketones such as cyclohexane, etc.
- Prior to use, test other materials and liquids containing long-chain alkyl groups in their structure.